If you are losing your hair due to marijuana or pot smoking, there are some things you can do to prevent this particular type of hair loss. From what we’ve learned, hair loss from marijuana can largely be caused by hair breaking off at the root.
Marijuana Hair Loss Do’s and Don’ts
- Do condition hair properly using vitamin, biotin or keratin conditioners.
- Do condition scalp properly using hair oil.
- Do use moisturizing shampoos.
- Do use leave-in conditioner or oil.
- Do minimize heat contact with hair (e.g. reduce use of hair irons, curling irons and blow dryers).
- Do prevent environmental damage to hair – and this includes sitting around in smoke-filled rooms!
- Do wash your hair, but don’t wash it more than once a day.
- Do not wear scull caps, tight hats or beanies.
- Do not wash hair frequently – washing too much can cause breakage. It’s okay to wash once every other day or even less!
- Do not pull hair back into tight ponytails.
Good luck curing your marijuana hair loss! If you can’t stop using marijuana (it is a legal medicine for many!) then you can at least minimize the effects it might have on your hair by listening to this do’s and don’ts.