Use Kenalog-40 Suspension as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Kenalog-40 Suspension is usually given as an injection at your doctors office, hospital, or clinic. If you will be using Kenalog-40 Suspension at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it. Be sure you understand how to use Kenalog-40 Suspension. Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.
- Kenalog-40 Suspension is only for injection into a muscle or a joint. Do not inject Kenalog-40 Suspension into a vein or into an infected or unstable joint.
- Do not use Kenalog-40 Suspension if it is discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged.
- Shake well before using a dose.
- Your doctor may change your prescription to medicine you take by mouth. If this occurs, be sure that you understand the dosing schedule and follow it exactly.
- Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Ask your health care provider how to dispose of these materials after use. Follow all local rules for disposal.
- If you miss a dose of Kenalog-40 Suspension, contact your doctor right away.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Kenalog-40 Suspension.