Believe it or not, your lifestyle could be causing baldness! While many men suffer from male pattern baldness, many suffer from lifestyle-related baldness OR have their male pattern baldness exacerbated by poor lifestyle choices. Yes, I know, it’s hard to change the way you live, but keep in mind these changes are the cheapest ways to treat hair loss=)
10 Lifestyle Changes to Reduce Hair Loss
- Eat more Omega-3 fatty acids. If you can’t eat enough Omega-3’s, try fish oil pills. You might want to also reduce your intake of Omega-6’s!
- Reduce your stress levels.
- Stop processing your hair – no dyes, flat irons, hair dryers or harsh chemicals! While this might not make you grow hair, it’ll help you keep the hair you have healthy!
- Careful about wearing hats! While a hat is covering up your hair loss, it could be dirty and causing bacterial infections OR too tight and causing hair breakage.
- Get a thorough blood test done! Whether it’s diabetes or thyroid problems – take care of your physical health and your hair’s health could follow!
- Use shampoos with vitamin B and keratin, they will take care of the hair you have.
- Do a self-evaluation. What are you putting into your body that might be causing problems? New medications, extreme changes in diet? Write it all down.
- Stop crash dieting! Extreme and sudden changes in diet can and will cause hair loss.
- Drink more water. Even if you’re eating right and taking vitamins, without enough water to move those vitamins around your body, you won’t get the maximum benefit.
- Stop smoking. I’m not going to harp on this point, but seriously, if the smoke from a cigarette can kill a goldfish, then what do you think it’s doing to your tiny pieces of already struggling hair? And besides, it’s already been proven that smoking causes erectile dysfunction!
Photo from: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net